IN THIS ISSUE: “Embracing Resilience and Refinement in Challenging Times” Letter from the 2023 IBBA Chair. Plus, Insights on the Power of AI, Deciding Whether or Not to Grow, Do’s and Don’ts for Buyers, and More!
The Business Sale Boom: International Business Brokers to Gather in Dallas
March 7, 2017 – Independence, OH/Dallas, TX – With business sales on the upswing, and today’s political world having a greater impact than ever on businesses, brokers – the professionals who aid in the buying and selling of businesses – will gather in Dallas, TX May 5-8 to discuss market trends and hear from industry leaders.
The International Business Brokers Association (IBBA) “Business Broker Event of the Year” will feature a wide variety of presentations from some of the top speakers in the business brokerage industry. It all takes place at the Dallas/Addison Marriott Quorum by the Galleria in Dallas.
“We strive to provide attendees with thought-provoking and educational opportunities that will keep them on top of industry trends, help them improve their businesses and help their clients successfully sell their businesses,” said Kylene Golubski, Executive Director of IBBA.
- What Sales Winners Do Differently: Best-selling author Mike Schultz will share inside groundbreaking research to help business brokers understand exactly what they need to do to start beating their competition, get more listings and close more sale. Schultz is President of RAIN Group, director of the RAIN Group Center for Sales Research, and bestselling author of Insight Selling. Schultz will present a bonus seminar: Building Your Value Proposition.
- President Trump + The House Ways and Means Committee: Alien-Like Changes: Roman Basi, nationally known CPA, Attorney at Law and Real Estate Broker, will explain and describe the likely changes in the tax code under President Trump and the alternatives regarding entity planning in the future. These potential changes will have a dramatic impact on business sellers, buyers and the brokers who handle the transactions.
There will also be more than 20 workshops, mastermind sessions, a Main Street Marketplace, a franchise marketplace co-hosted with the International Franchise Professionals Group (IFPG), networking sessions as well as an offering of six IBBA courses needed for accreditation:
- Advanced Recasting
- Tax Issues of General Business Brokerage
- Pricing a Business to Sell
- Introduction to Mergers and Acquisitions
- Selling and Valuing Restaurants
- Overcoming Objections in Listings and Sales Contracts
The IBBA Member Excellence Awards will also be a part of the annual conference. The awards gala will recognize individuals who have proven exceptionally skilled at applying the standards of excellence that IBBA promotes. To be recognized as elite practitioner of business brokerage, members need to submit a nomination by March 17: www.ibba.org/membership/member-awards.
“There’s a lot taking place in just a few days,” said Golubski. “But, for business brokers around the world, this is their annual opportunity to get a wealth of insight and training in one place, in one weekend and learn from the leaders in our industry. It’s time well spent.” Visit www.ibbaconference.com for additional details about the conference and to register. Registration opens March 1. Early bird registration rates end March 24.
About the International Business Brokers Association:
The IBBA provides business brokers with education, conferences, professional designations and networking opportunities. As an exclusive education opportunity, it offers coursework and seminars required to obtain its prestigious Certified Business Intermediary (CBI) certification.
The IBBA also strives to create professional relationships with successful business transaction advisors to increase the value of the IBBA to its members and to be a leader in the exchange of business referrals. Membership in the IBBA includes these excellent networking opportunities, as well as a complete package of other benefits and services. Formed in 1983, the IBBA has members around the world. For more information about the IBBA, visit the website at www.ibba.org
IN THIS ISSUE: “Setting Our Sights High” Letter from the 2023 IBBA Chair. Plus, Insights on Selling Your Business, Understanding the New SBA Rules, Getting Inside the Mind of a Seller, and More!
Independence, OH – May 21, 2023 – IBBA ®, the world’s largest professional trade association for Business Brokers, today announced and recognized the recipients of its top performance awards at its 2023 Annual Conference in Orlando, Florida. “More than 1,800 deal submissions were reviewed for this year’s awards program, making this our largest group of […]