CBI Fast Track Program
Tenured Business Brokers can earn the prestigious CBI designation without completing the basic education typically required!
CBI Fast Track Program Requirements
- Be or become an IBBA Member in good standing (IBBA Membership must be secured before application submission).
- Pay a one-time, non-refundable $1,495.00 USD application fee. The application fee will not be processed until application is approved by Credentialing Committee.
- Complete the Fast Track application.
- Attend a half-day CBI refresher course.
- Take and pass the 3-hour CBI exam (a minimum 70% score on each section required).
- Register and attend an IBBA Conference (separate registration required).
- Provide ONE of the followings:
- Document 10 years of full-time deal making experience (not required to be contiguous).
- Closing Documents showing proof of (7) transactions as lead selling broker in the past 3 years.
- Closing Documents showing proof of transactions in the past 2 years with a cumulative value of $1,500,000 or more excluding real-estate.
- Complete ONE of the followings:
- Two IBBA Member recommendations, or one IBBA or IABA Board Member recommendation.
- Active participation on an IBBA committee for a minimum of one (1) term.
- Provide a complete resume or CV.
Your application and ancillary materials will be reviewed by the Credentialing Committee. The decision to approve your application will be made at the sole discretion of the IBBA. All materials must be sent in a one document PDF or it will not be accepted.
- If you do not pass the exam the first time you may retake the exam up to two additional times within 1 year (inclusive of two conferences). If taken at a third-party testing facility, any fees charged by the testing facility will be your responsibility.
- After receiving the designation, you must maintain IBBA membership and remit annual CBI maintenance fees.
- To maintain the CBI designation, you must meet the recertification requirements every 3 years as outlined in the CBI Policy.