I fell in love with the challenge of business in college as a perfect fit for an action-oriented psychology major who liked numbers. Over the ensuing 25 years I have contributed to the success of a wide variety of enterprises, including a global consulting firm, a Fortune 500 company, a non-profit, a university, and a business of which I was co-owner. My involvement in such a varied array of organizations gives me insight into best practices and helps me continue to think outside the box while recognizing real world constraints. These experiences help me understand the true value of unique businesses and navigate both interpersonal and financial complexities to get deals done.
• Prantl’s Bakery: co-owner
• Valdosta State University: professor of business
• BrassRing: general manager, UK
• Crimson & Brown: general manager
• The Washington Post: sales and marketing
• Greater D.C. Cares: program manager
• Andersen Consulting (currently known as Accenture): consultant